Friday, January 2, 2009

MEA CULPA

Those of you who have read these pages for a while know that I like old movies, good food, and a quick correction. To that end I present some updated numbers with a quote from Susan Hayward in the 1961 film, “Ada”. Hayward as the governor's First Lady, who after being snubbed by the snobby wives Of  state's upper crust ploiticians, tells a reluctant gathering of them, “I heard about the most wonderful diet. All you eat is crow.”


So it is with a mouth full of feathers I report that the latest AKC report shows that as of 26 December, the Standard Poodle, CH Randenn Tristar Affirmation, has finished 2008 as the Fourth Highest Scoring Dog in AKC Conformation, a scant 415 points ahead of the Brussels Griffon, CH Cilleine Masquerade. You may recall that I had reported that the Griffon, Lincoln, had finished fourth, a hand full of points ahead of the Standard Poodle, Yes. My apologies to the breeders/owners/handlers of Yes and Lincoln and to the Dog Show Poop readers.

Anyone care for a slice of four & twenty blackbird pie?

0 comments:

Post a Comment